Monday, October 18, 2010

A Long Weekend

There’s a lot of great things about college, like new found independence and a whole new world to be uncovered and experienced. Yet, one of the greatest parts of college does not even lie within college life itself. The return home is one of the greatest parts, where glorious reunions with family and friends take place. Not to say that the new friends that are met at college are subsidiary and you won’t share that same experience with them later on in life. It is just an amazing feeling to be reunited with others whom you had shared so much history with; some you haven’t seen in months, especially family.



There’s nothing like the feeling of calling up one of your buddies and them saying, “Hey, want to play some halo on Xbox Live?” And you responding “Nah, I’d rather come over to your house and hang out.” There’s so much that has happened in the last few months that you simply lose track of time. The fact that life goes on even though you’re not there kicks in. It never gets old coming home after a long six to nine week stint of being at school, but it’s always something I look forward to nonetheless.

It may be sad to say, but it’s one of the basic principles of time and of human nature. Everyone thinks they universe revolves around them and when it reveals to them that thus is not the case, it’s a little disappointing. Regardless, it is an amazing feeling to return home to a place that I’d spent so much time; even if it’s only for a long weekend. I’ll be going back to school soon, but what can I say every day takes me just a little bit closer to the day that I’ll be making that five and a half hour drive back home for the holidays. Boy can I assure you that I can’t wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment