Sunday, November 7, 2010

Everybody's Working For the Weekend

The weekend, everyone's favorite time of the week. Two days where you don't have to go to classes, hopefully you don't have to work, and you get a mini vacation until you have to get back to Monday's grind. The increasing number of students that go to the library every night, from Freshmen who are doing their Freshman writing papers or upperclassmen that are working on anything from microeconomics to microbiology, take a little break.
Getting to kick off the shoes after a long day on Friday with a consumer behavior quiz and an Algebra Exam, I was definitely ready to turn off my brain for a little while and just relax. The clock was getting near 3:25 p.m. and I was getting anxious to start my weekend. I got out of class, swung on over to the campus center for some food and went over to my friend's suite to just hang out, the rest of the weekend ahead of me.
I had never been to an EC hockey game and I'm a sophomore, so it was about time I get my school spirit together. It was a great game, my buddies and I got seats right on the ice. It was great, the huge hits, all the familiar faces cheering on our Soaring Eagles. The other team scored early and we were silent until the end, but around 8 minutes left in the third quarter something changed and EC struck with their first goal. Who knew what was going to happen, it could have been lost with a single slapshot or it could have gone into overtime, but at the 59th second and the place went nuts. It was a great game.
I actually can't wait for the next coming week though. Tuesday night is going to be a great night, the EC big event is something everyone looks forward to and this year they're giving us a two for one special. Comedy Craze is bound to be a great night with Ralphie May and T.J Miller performing on the purple and gold stage. Who knows what else this week has in store for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment